Monday, February 9, 2009

Je suis dans la lune, papa!

I just finished BSing the crappiest French essay of my life, and as a reward I am letting myself blog.
Can you see the snow?

This weekend was fun, although after Friday night not much was done. Saturday it was snowing like crazy, but we trekked across Paris to grab lunch at an American-style diner and all got delicious American breakfasts at around 13h30. It was really, really yummy but I don't think I'm going to go back. I'm only going to be here once, I should really take advantage of it and save my bacon and eggs (and two chocolate chip pancakes with maple syrup and lots of butter), since I can have that any time I'd like in the States.
Mmmm...delicious.

Gerald and I then went to Shakespeare & Co, a really cool bookstore in the 1ere arrondissement, right across from Notre Dame, where they sell used and new English books. I know, I know, I shouldn't be buying books in English, but the store is just so amazing and cozy that I had to. But I did compromise, and bought two French authors: Dumas and Stendhal. I'm a big fan of both books so far.

We then found a little cafe, bought some hot chocolate and sat out the snow storm for a few hours, reading our new books. It was a very lazy afternoon, but it felt very French, so ca va.

Sunday nothing of great excitement happened, but I got a lot of work done, which was excellent. Getting ready for midterms this week! Nice!

No comments: