Sunday, March 1, 2009

An excellent weekend

This weekend was absolutely wonderful. It was so warm it felt like spring! Friday I went walking around by l'Opera Garnier by myself. I bought some books and stumbled upon la place Vendome, which was a pleasant surprise.

Gerald and I (Sam went to London for the weekend) then went out for dinner at this Indian restaurant, grabbed dessert and caught a movie. It was a relaxing but fun Friday night.

On Saturday, it was absolutely gorgeous outside, so Gerald and I got lunch and then met Mark Anthony and Trevor at the Luxembourg Gardens, which were lovely. We then wandered down the Champs Elysees and went up the Arc de Triomphe. The view was amazing! I like it much better than the view from the Eiffel Tower. Mostly because you can see the Eiffel Tower!

Trevor and Mark Anthony then invited us over for dinner, which was super nice and once again really fun. We got to go out on their family's balcony which was fantastic. Also I got to wash a lot of dishes, which I do enjoy from time to time (that does NOT mean that Erin should leave them all for me). Their host family ended up coming home while we were still there, which was a bit awkward, but they were really nice and we cleaned up everything quite quickly, so I don't think they hate us. Also, their host brother Stanislas (did I spell that right?) is the cutest thing in the world. He waddled by the kitchen on his way to bed while I was mid-dish. Super adorable.

Today I hung around, like most Sundays. But the BU program took us to la Comedie Francaise tonight. We saw Cyrano de Bergerac, which was uh...interesting. That is, it probably would have been if I could've understood even a quarter of what was being said. The best thing about it was that they played Ravel's Bolero for a good 25 minutes towards the end during the battle sequence, which was obviously an awesome choice on their part.

But now I am exhausted and achy from ridiculously uncomfortable chairs that probably haven't been upholstered or recushioned since 1680 when the theater was built. Adieu, mes amies, adieu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely--lucky, lucky you! I liked the A de T too: all those crazy drivers going around and around! Love..