Friday, February 13, 2009

Je suis française! Bon, presque...

Stayed up until 3h00 discussing anything but Art History with Trevor, and then woke up at 7h00 to go to midterms. Hmm...definitely not a good idea.

But midterms were crazy easy and I'm pretty sure I did well anyway, although my handwriting was not so awesome towards the end.

BUT this is not what I want to talk about, because it is not NEARLY as exciting as what happened to me when Sam and I stopped in the boulangerie for some breakfast. Sam ordered and then I did, and the guy behind the counter was like "Oh, française!" And I, a little confused, asked him to please repeat himself. And he was like, "Vous êtes française, elle est anglaise!"

My brain and heart went: !!!!!!!!

But I said, very calmly, "Oh non, je suis américaine!"

He was surprised, said that my accent was very French and then said, "Goodbye!"

AHHHH! A FRENCH PERSON THOUGHT I WAS FRENCH! EVEN AFTER I OPENED MY MOUTH! THIS IS FANTASTIC! BEYOND AWESOMENESS! J'M MA VIE, MÊME SI JE SUIS TELLEMENT FATIGUÉE QUE JE PEUX TOMBER SUR MON LIT MAINTENANT ET MOURIR!

Anyway, je vais chercher Becky a la gare! A + tard, mes amies! Bisous!

3 comments:

jillian said...

trop jalouse de toi. félicitations <3

Anonymous said...

Wicked!

Paddy said...

That's right. Keep them guessing. My spanking new blog is here.

Verification word is reddlybr.